room tour | the dining room

The kitchen/dining room for me is the heart of the home, its the space I sit and discuss the day with my other half, the space I leisurely enjoy a cuppa with my mum whilst telling the cats not to jump on the worktops for the millionth time & as someone who loves to play host its the ultimate space to entertain. Growing up, even with a large living room, the kitchen/ dining room always took centre stage of any party/family get together & I think the main reason for this is how informal and inviting the space was. So when planning this area I knew I wanted a social layout that was comfortable yet formal.


Originally on a budget and with Christmas looming, we initially opted for the parisian Oak Shabby Chic table with benches from Oak Furniture Superstore, as not only did we want something aesthetically pleasing which would compliment our white gloss and wood kitchen (and the beautiful fleur cabinet) but at the same time ensure we had enough seating for potential guests. Over time we have incorporated these beautiful button back chairs from Homesense which I feel have totally transformed the space. 

Aside from the chairs, the major focal point of the space is this pretty yet functional unit come bar cart from Hill Interiors (I blame one too many late nights on Pinterest). Filled to the brim with staple drinks & essentials for any dinner party/get together.

On the walls we went for Farrow & Ball Cornforth White (a recurring theme throughout the downstairs of our home), a versatile, understated, mid tone grey that compliments both the kitchen units and dining room furniture. At present the walls are a little bare, so in time I would like to add a beautiful window mirror to open up the space, along with calligraphy prints to really personalise the room. (Any tips would be greatly appreciated). 

What do you love most about your dining room?

3 comments

  1. This is beautiful. I love the flowers!

    http://the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your white kitchen! Ours is new, but I want it changing to white!

    https://marchharedesign.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am grateful for this blog to distribute knowledge about this significant topic. Here I found different segments and now I am going to use these new instructions with new enthusiasm.
    ราคา กระเบื้องปูพื้น

    ReplyDelete